Monday, March 1, 2010

place settings.

My grandmother received china and silver for her wedding. she pulls them out from time to time.

My mother had a nice set of stoneware and china she received for her wedding which we used on some special occasions when I was young.

But...I got corelle for my wedding. functional. every day. corelle. oddly enough I even registered for china...what a waste picking out a china pattern was because we didn't receive any of it for our wedding. looking back now I am SO glad we didn't. We really wouldn't use it enough to justify the expense. However, that said I do really love dishes. and so I have been collecting black and white dishes from thrift stores for a long time. I love having mismatched dishes! I don't entertain often enough, but I can't wait to have a big party and pull out all my black and white place settings! *disclaimer: these are just some of my favorite pieces*







and since we're on the subject, check out this awesome printed placemat. I love the idea of printing something for a special occasion. or in my case I think I would want to use old sketches or architectural blue prints (since I have an unlimited supply of those).


2 comments:

  1. I adore all of your black and white plates.

    Please USE those blue prints for placemats!! You could have a lovely "design" party themed around that!

    Oh, and welcome back. Really. It's been far to long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have found those plates at thrift stores. I really like them. Too bad I would never dare buy them. We never buy anything when it comes to decor because I'm too indecisive. I'm glad you're not because they are great!

    ReplyDelete